view my profile

alfredo: anders: beej: ces
drei: egai: han: ian: jaja
jc: josh: js: ket: lao
leslie: milky: pepito
ponpon: rina: rowell: suzie
tiara: vingaye: ynseng


YOU Expressions


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
identification

webbie

notes(smilies)



The Christian Counter
The Christian Counter




San Juan, Carlotta, y Puerto Galera

02 November 2004

WARNING: This is a long entry. Enjoy!

I love travelling- discovering new places and wishing to come back for more!

These past days, I was blessed to tour and enjoy down south of Luzon.

SAN JUAN, Batangas

A hosting and singing stint (AS IF!) for a party (debut of js' sis) pulled us all the way to that "ala eh" el pueblo. Wearing my over-exposed black trenchcoat, creamy yellow sport jacket, and a tangerine tie to match the event's motiff (orange), I together with some amigos hosted the occasion, i.e. introduce countless names of the debutante's friends and relatives. It started with the cotillion, then the 18 roses. As the guests had seemed to act like children with ADHD, it was decided to open the chafing dishes. While the people were eating, some wanna be singers (including me) serenaded the debutante. I had the opportunity to sing the last serenade (an ugly rendition of "if i'm not in love w/ you") in time for the 18 balloons. After ten years, it was the turn of the 18 toasts. After 48 years (losyang na ang debutante- joke!), 18 treasures. Finally, 18 candles! Of course, the disco part wouldn't be left out! I didn't care less what music the dj played, I just danced the night away. WIPEEEEEE!!!

After an hour of nap, we headed to a beach in Barrio Hugom still in San Juan same shore as La Luz Beach Resort. I initially didn't want to swim (i was tired from the HATAW disco and was reserving my strength for the afternoon's long drive) but the big rock formations and the great beach were enough bribery. I just had to pay with some bruises on my fingers and feet (caused by sharp stone edges) and with some shades charcoaling of my skin.

CARLOTTA... tsk... tsk... tsk

I was tired from all those activities yet I still had to drive from Batangas to Diliman (around 3-4 hours). I never realized that my "vintage" car, Carlotta (1989 Toyota Crown), was far more tired than I was. Unlike me, she didn't have any fun but she still managed to transport us to Libis area until she suffered an asthma attack (or something worse than that). With God's grace, we still reached the Shell gas station for some first aid treatments. 30- 45 minutes after, Wheeler's Club was there to tow her to UP CRL.

The series of tsk..tsk..tsk didn't stop there... [the day before that while on our way to Batangas, i was apprehended (for the first time) for driving on the yellow lane which ended in me giving 2 purple roxas to those corrupt MMDA crocs (redundant ata)... for the record, i despise my self for being a part of that]... the following day, i received a phone call from Leslie that Carlotta got a ticket for illegal parking (tow away zone) which would later translate to another 200 bucks.

I just hope it ends there...

PUERTO GALERA

Earl Thursday morning around 5.30, we (ian, ket, and bobbie) headed for Galera to meet han and edel. Travelling on a Tritan bus from Cubao headed for Batangas pier, we rested our expectant hearts and tired brain cells from all the impromptu planning. We arrived at the pier 8.30 in time for the float of M/B Brian (a big vanca) to White Beach. 10 am, we finally set foot on this island. First on our agenda was breakfast. I had Cordon Bleu w/ potato salad for 150php (yes, i know... bad choice!). After a short break in our cottage, we traversed the western side of the beach for a swim. Big rocks (probably from erosion) gave a distinct appeal to that place. Despues the swimming and the sandcastle making, we scoured the eateries for some value lunch (price of commodities here are unbelievably high). Next activity was snorkeling.


It took me quite some time to get a little comfortable floating on a deep part of the sea. Until I saw God's majestic creations under the sea. It was like observing the busy Makati of the ocean. Real life "Finding Nemo" and "Shark tale" sans the Shark of course. Marvelous! I would like to do it again but I doubt if I'll ever be comfortable peering through the habitat of these hasang friends.

Back to White Beach, we, volleyball enthusiasts, had to play the sport on the sand or else the experience wouldn't be complete. Exhausting but whole lotta fun!

Dinner time. Cancer diet ito! Char-grilled dishes everywhere plus bayot cross-dressers waiters. It took centuries for them to serve our orders. Yum yum pero ang tagal!

Another day in Galera... Praise God! Muy pagod from yesterday's actividades, we woke up late. Han and Edel had already gone off the island. Budget conscious as we were, our breakfast was coffee (5 pesos hot water and 2 pesos for the styro cup) and bread while our lunch was rice and straight from the can (w/o heating) tuna and vienna sausage (Oo na, kawawa naman kami). That afternoon, we spent most of the time doing pictorials by the big rocks (i'll upload them as soon as I had them developed). The dinner was sooooooooo SARRRAP! Tilapia, pork kebab, talong at Coke (65 pesos ang 1.5 liter!!!!!!!)... Then, guitar sessions by the shore. THIS IS LIFE!

Saturday morning, we had to go back to Manila. We had to (wala nang pera e).

Someday, i'll come back to these places. Wish ko lang.......

exhaled by milbenski at 12:25 AM | 0 comments

0 burp(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

                                                                                                   

                                                                                                       

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com